Dawn of a New Day

>> Thursday, November 6, 2008

It seems altogether proper and fitting (and rather ironic for that matter) that the start of this blog also marks a change in American history. I woke up this morning like any other following my normal routine. It was Wednesday so I went to get my morning muffin and tea at the nearby coffee shop. The news reports had continued coverage of the presidential election through the night. In a sense nothing really was “different”; it was just another day.

But for some reason there was a slight sense of change in the air. Maybe it was because for the first time the lady at the register said, “Have a nice day”. Or maybe it was the increased number of people I saw smiling that day. Or the fact that they had the banana nut muffin I loved. Or perhaps it was because of the newfound hope many felt in the freshly elect president. That possibly we are all truly living as a single people on a spinning rock in space. That the country I live in believes that any goal can be reached. I pondered about this while eating and taking in the atmosphere. It was just another morning.

Congratulations to Barack Obama, the soon to be president of the United States of America. And to Senator John McCain, you put up a great fight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP