Play…Dead?

>> Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No please don’t go on a shooting rampage and hijack a bus full of school children demanding millions dollars and a plane out of the country while holding a detonator for a nuclear bomb. (It’s funny what you write about when you’re tired…) Anyway, when was the last time you really spent time to play? I am not talking about going out to a club and partying or kicking back with a drink. I talking about tag you’re it or dodge ball galore, the good old fashioned out door scrubbed knees and dirt in fingernails.

How on earth did I start thinking about this? In recreation and leisure class- that’s right apparently you can major in recreation- the thought came up. If you were ever looking to do a 180 in life recreation would be the one to choose. You get to teach other people how to have fun as your job. Basically every day would be play…kind of…actually I am not really sure but you get the point.

Don’t get me wrong I love video games and I guess “grown up” activities are fun too. But there’s something about “play” that connects me to childhood. There are countless memories of careless times and the freedom to do as I pleased. It goes to show that we all probably grew up too quick and didn’t realize it till maybe just now. Can’t complain I suppose.

Reminds me of childhood:




--LT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP