Subtle Brewed Musings

>> Friday, March 27, 2009

There are few things in life that I get to slow down and enjoy. College life can be a little too fast paced at times. After a while life is all routine, a simple reflex of sorts. One of my favorite things to do is go to a local coffee shop, order something, and let time pass by. On this particular visit to a Starbucks I ordered one of my usual: blueberry scone and iced green tea. As I drifted off into a sunny day dream an older gentleman needed a seat. The place was packed. I offered him the seat across from me at the tiny table I was sitting at. A little head nod and we resumed our business; me writing and him doing a word find. Him drinking a cup of coffee, me with a mouthful of blueberry scone. There’s a silent interaction among strangers that normally goes unnoticed. This could of been one of them for all I know. The man on the other side of the table was in his later years. Where would I be when I shared the same place in the path of life? Would I have a degree? Would I have a job? Would I be married? Would I be alone? Would I have a home of my own? Would I be happy?

“What are you writing?”
Reality hits.
“Excuse me?”
“What are you writing”, the man asks.

I tell him I am a blogger, college student, do this thing for fun. He tells me he used to write, he does the word puzzles now. Keeps his eyes and mind sharp. Day dreams are a funny thing. Maybe word finds are more fun than they look…I’ll have to wait and see. For now I need some more iced tea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP