The Power of Intention is Expansive

>> Saturday, April 24, 2010

It is without doubt that I have come across some talented and gifted individuals in my lifetime. Not only do I witness them in my academic career, but outside of the classroom as well. They seem to be so beyond the social normal of separating the possible from impossible. Something I’ve noticed in each one is an indistinct quality to the naked eye. If I had to describe it, each one I’ve noticed has an unexplainable determination.

It’s as if someone told them they couldn’t do something, and now they push themselves with unparallel will and desire. Most of the time I find myself either filled with a deep jealousy or indescribable awe. Perhaps it’s our own self doubt that leads us to disbelieve in the abilities and powers of others. Whether it’s the physical endurance from running on the sands of Kona, or the prestige of graduating summa cum laude; we don’t want to believe it because we can’t believe it.

What we fail to recognize is the lesson learned from this infectious state of mind. Those words of being called arrogant, weak, old, stupid, or broken are fuel to the inspired. Though the weight is often heavy and usually daunting, it is never impossible. Adidas described it best with their slogan of “impossible is nothing”. Impossible is but a state of mind that can turn something from intangible to material.

My hope is that I’ll have the pleasure to come across more of these individuals in my lifetime. They are the ones who invigorate me during times of feeling in atrophied. Moreover, their drive and spirit are a force that uncontrollably exudes into others. They strive so hard to radiate their best that people around them desire to be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP