The Food Post

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010

People ask me once in a while why we don’t write about food often if ever. Two reasons generally come straight to mind. My co-writer has a narrow range for the food he is willing to eat let alone try. I would call him my work in progress with the combined efforts of his girlfriend. The second reason would be that it’s almost too normal. I love eating good food, but everyone already writes about it. The competition in food blogging is on an entirely different level when compared to the rest of the blogosphere.

A sub-reason would be that I don’t have the necessary tools for a food blog. I don’t have the funny sounding accent or clean white coat. I don’t have the hundred dollar knives made specifically for lefties. I don’t have the private air plane to take me across the world to try new dishes. I am not even financially able to own a quality digital camera on my college budget. (Not to mention my physical handicap of being color blind thus leading to the inability to color correct on Photoshop. Not fun at all.)

Nevertheless I’ve decided to put aside these facts and take a stab at writing about food. I’ll admit right off the bat that I don’t know everything. However, compared to the average Joe I can cook up a decent meal, and have the sense of what good food really is. It’s definitely going to be a little different from here on out. Perhaps with a winsome attitude and a few fresh ingredients I might hit a stroke of luck. Readers prepare, we are now entering the foodie posts. In the words of a good friend, brace yourself for sheer awesomeness.

Side note: It didn’t occur to me until just now, but one would assume this is a food blog considering the title.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP