Art’s Café

>> Monday, January 17, 2011

If there was a definition for hole in the wall joint, this place would be it. This cozy little cafe is tucked away on a very busy Irving street in the inner Sunset. At first glance most people would definitely pass by this narrow room. There’s literally just enough space for the grill and a long counter that stretches the length of the place. Luckily when I went here for lunch with a friend two seats were open on the very end of the counter. Be sure to hang your coat up on the wall behind you otherwise you‘ll probably be bumping the person next to you. Both my buddy and I are rather skinny fellas so the shaky stools were actually kind of fun to sit on.

As for the food Art’s is a mix of American breakfast food with some Korean influences. Since it was lunch time and I wasn’t feeling an omelet I decided to go with the Beef Bi Bim Bop. I’ve had my share of Bi Bim Bop in the past and it’s grown to become one of my favorite Korean dishes. Considering the location I’d say the Bi Bim Bop was surprisingly good. My bowl came with all the normal fixings of veggies: carrots, sprouts, spinach, and zucchinis. Though I do wish I got more rice, the meat made up for the lack of it. Be sure to use the specially made barbeque hot sauce or else it’ll break the owner’s heart. She even glanced in my bowl to make sure I tried some of the meat with it. Personally I would like the sauce to be a little spicier so there’d be more of a kick to it. It was a decent bowl of Bi Bim Bop if I do say so myself.

As for my friend, not being as adventurous, he went with a hot link sandwich. It came served on a French roll with some jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, and a side fries. He seemed pretty happy with the sandwich. The fries I stole off his plate weren’t anything super special, a little too greasy and not fully strained coming out of the fryer.

Overall not a bad find in the midst of a busy section of the Sunset. I’d go back to try some of the breakfast stuff for sure. The kimchi omelet had caught my eye and definitely looks worth a try for next time.



747 Irving St
(between 8th Ave & 9th Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94122
Neighborhood: Inner Sunset
Art's Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Greg 1/18/11, 4:03 PM  

Hi ,

Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/6/80502/restaurant/Sunset/Arts-Cafe-San-Francisco

I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

- Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

- Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/6/4249/SF-Bay/Lemon-Tea-and-Cookies.html

- Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Greg

greg at urbanspoon dot com

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP