The Taco Shop at Underdog’s

>> Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I don’t drink very often, but I guess that’s because I just turned legal a little while ago. Plus it never really appealed to me that much before. I think the taste of alcohol is still developing on my palette. So when a few friends back from school for the winter decided to go for a few drinks, I figured I’d sample some more. Never hurts to try something once right? Plus it was fun getting carded for the first time and hearing stories from everyone.

For beverages of the evening I decided to go for whatever they had on tap. This is namely due to my lack of knowledge in beer and not wanting to make the nice waitress annoyed. I went with a Stella Artois which actually wasn’t bad since I’ve only tasted a few beers so far. Not too strong for my taste and it went well with the food we ordered. Not feeling too hungry I tried a little of what everyone ordered.

Might I say this place can really make a good taco. Both the carne asada and chicken tacos ($4.50) we ordered were packed with meat. The portion size was a good amount with all the fixings one could imagine. They use both a soft and hard shell exterior which provides a balanced chewiness and crunchiness. I love how they bother to take the time to wrap one end of the taco with parchment paper. This totally makes the thing easier to eat and amounts to less spillage of contents. The chips and salsa ($1.50) are also top notch and super fresh. The chips came out warm and stayed crispy even under the salsa.

As for the atmosphere, what more could a sports fan ask for? The lingering smell of fried stuff and alcohol, the plasma screen lined walls, a few arcade games, and the friendly staff bring this place together as a perfect late night joint. Though the price is a little on the high side with all things considered, it’s rather decent on the wallet. I’d go here again to watch a Giants game or enjoy a cold one after a long day. I didn’t get a chance to try out the house made hot sauces either. They have specials on Tuesdays for $2 tacos or tecate, and Fridays are specials on margaritas. Happy hour is from 4:30-6pm Monday thru Friday. Not bad of a find, a perfect destination if you’re in the area.


1824 Irving St
(between 19th Ave & 20th Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94122
Neighborhood: Outer Sunset
(415) 566-8700
Taco Shop at Underdogs on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP