Why Writing

>> Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This would arguably be the most important question for any blogger or writer. It’s the second most asked question I come across. Why do I write? Well, it’s probably best to start from the beginning and explain the whole story of how things came to be.

Lemon Tea and Cookies is a name I thought up of with a friend of mine, Ben. Ben and I went to high school together and remain good friends to this day. Lemon Tea is a nickname I had throughout high school, but nowadays only a few people still refer to me by that name. Cookie comes from Ben’s last name of Cook. Another nickname in high school not used so often anymore.
Together we formed this blog through the many conversations we shared with one another. Some people go to the gym, others play musical instruments, we wrote ideas to past the time. These conversations generated thoughts, thoughts connected pen to paper, and thus the blog came to life. You know how some people can talk like they write, well for us I like to think we write like we talk.

We wrote about a lot of different things on our mind at the time. That was back in 2008 and a lot has changed since then. Ben still writes once in a while, but not quite as often as more. He’s more of the person I talk to in order to generate ideas. As for the content it’s become very loose in terms of direction. It’s grown into a place to catalog my thoughts so that I don’t forget. Recently I’ve shifted the blog more towards food topics due to requests.

Overall, I think everyone has something to share with the world. Everyone has an opinion or something on their mind. For me this is the best way to leave that impression. Nevertheless, the old motto lives on that “I write for the sake of writing”. Come share a few thoughts or “treats” with us.

--Tim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP