Impossible Chinese Mission

>> Monday, January 14, 2013

I've had more time on my hands as of late. I thought it'd be fitting to pick up where I left off on this blog as a way to keep my mind occupied. I'll be sharing some great finds that I've wanted to read or watch over the past year but only found the time to do so now.

Mission Chinese Food.

Danny Bowien's Mission Chinese caught my in the early summer of last year. I read up a lot of articles about him and watched plenty of random interviews. He's a soft spoken character and is careful with his words. For some reason he reminds me a Andy Warhol type of guy, not sure why to be honest. I still haven't had the opportunity to try his food yet. You can read my review of Mission Chinese here.

Bowien seems like the type of guy that's happy making his own kind of food with his own twist. More so, I respect how his locations are simple and no thrills setups. He donates a percentage of each dish's earnings to charity which makes me like him all the more.

Articles I read: New York Mag and Grub Street New York

I also came across this terrific short made in the San Francisco location. One of the best shorts I've seen in a long time. Not to spoil it too much, but it's a jaw dropper for sure.

More to come as I catch up on some overdue reading. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

©2008-2011 Lemon Tea and Cookies. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP